Til Burfi Recipe – Indian Sesame Seed Fudge – Makar Sankranti Special Dessert – Winter Sweet
Til Burfi or Indian Sesame Fudge is a perfect sweet where you get nutty sesame seed bars mixed with sweetened thickened milk.
You can serve Til Burfi as an after-meal dessert or with an elaborated Indian meal. This also makes a nutritious snack when paired with milk.
Til Burfi is laced up delicately with odorous green cardamom powder and garnished with elegant edible silver leaves and almond slivers. This Til Burfi also has a distinctive nutty zing.
With every single bite of this utterly gratifying til burfi, you’ll encounter soft yet chewy and nutty melt-in-mouth textures.
Making this Til Buri recipe is super easy and quick. It’s ready within 30 minutes.
SUBSCRIBE HERE ➔ https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCRyPPlAalIpnYtj8ONdN_4w
#tilburfi #sesameseeds #indiandessert
Click here for the full recipe with all the tips & tricks: https://mygingergarlickitchen.com/til-burfi/
For Til Burfi (Sesame Seed Fudge):
☛ 1 tablespoon + 1 teaspoon ghee
☛ 2 cups (500 ml) full-cream milk
☛ 1/2 cup milk powder
☛ 1 cup sesame seeds (unhulled or hulled)
☛ 1/2 cup sugar
☛ 1/2 teaspoon cardamom powder
☛ 2 tablespoons of chopped cashew nuts
☛ Edible silver leaves (optional)
☛ 2 tablespoon of sliced almonds or almonds silvered (optional)
How to Make Til Burfi (Sesame Seed Fudge):
1. Add sesame seeds to a large stainless steel pan with a heavy bottom and toast them over medium-low heat till they are fragrant.
2. Once they are slightly brown they will start to pop. It would take about 3-4 minutes.
3. Transfer toasted sesame seeds to a plate and keep them aside to cool.
4. Once cooled, place toasted sesame seeds in the bowl of a blender or food processor.
5. Process sesame seeds to make a coarse powder (about 1 minute).
6. Transfer the coarsely powdered sesame seeds to a plate and keep it aside.
7. In the same pan, add 1 tablespoon of ghee and let it melt.
8. After that, add milk and stir it well. Let it scalde over medium heat until you see the bubbles.
9. Now add milk powder and mix it well.
10. Cook over medium heat; keep stirring it often until the milk has thickened and reduced to half. It would take about 7-8 minutes.
11. Now add sugar and mix well. Cook for 4-5 minutes.
12. Now add powdered sesame seeds and mix well until combined. Stir for another 2-3 minutes.
13. Now add chopped cashew nuts and cardamom powder and mix everything well.
14. Keep stirring and cooking till the mixture starts to thicken and starts leaving the pan. At this point, the milk mixture would look doughy. Turn off the heat at this point.
15. Line a pan a 7×5 inch pan or any plate with parchment paper.
16. Then lightly grease it with the ghee.
17. Transfer this mixture into the prepared pan/container.
18. Spread it in an even single layer with the help of a spatula.
19. Garnish with edible silver leaves and sliced almonds.
20. Gently press down with a spatula so that nuts stick to the burfi.
21. Let it sit for at least 2-3 hours at room temperature, or 1 hour in the refrigerator, or 15 minutes in the freezer.
22. Remove the burfi from the pan. Cut the burfi (sesame seed fudge) into desired shapes using a sharp knife.
23. Serve til burfi or store in a refrigerator for up to 15 days.
If you loved this easy recipe video, then please do give it a like and also share this video with your family and friends. Also, please subscribe to my channel. Feel free to ask if you have any queries regarding this recipe. I would love to help you.
Also, do hit the bell icon. If you hit the bell icon, you will be the first one to receive the notification about all my new video uploads. Happy cooking. Thanks for watching. 😊
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ My Social Media Links ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Follow Anu.Mggk on Instagram: http://instagram.com/anu.mggk/
|Date Published||2021-01-11 10:38:07|