Mango Sago (ASMR) – Mango Tapioca – Vegan & Gluten Free Summer Dessert
Mango Sago is a super refreshing, delicious and satisfying summer dessert made with mangoes, thick coconut milk and sago pearls. Plus, this tropical-tasting dessert is vegan, gluten-free and making it is super easy.
This Asian inspired easy-peasy coconut mango sago dessert can be relished on any hot day or when you feel like indulging in a light and refreshing dessert. A spoonful of this gloriously and flavour-bursting dessert is enough to hit the right spot.
A dessert that is laden with adorable sago pearls, coconut milk and mango flavors makes it the best treat to enjoy on a hot summer day. A hint of floral saffron and aromatic cardamom flavouring make this vegan dessert more indulging and soul satiating.
Whipping up this creamy and delicious dessert at home is straightforward and labour free. Cooking sago pearls is the toughest thing you have to do to make this dessert. Just blend the base of dessert the way you make a smoothie, and then cooked sago pearls are added to the blended mixture. That’s it.
#asianrecipe #mangosago #dessert
SUBSCRIBE HERE ➔ https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCRyPPlAalIpnYtj8ONdN_4w
Click here for the full recipe with all the tips & tricks: https://www.mygingergarlickitchen.com/mango-sago/
For Coconut Mango Sago:
☛ 1/3 cup small sago or tapioca pearls
☛ 1/2 cup sugar, or 1/2 sweetened condensed milk
☛ 1 liter water, for boiling
☛ 2 cups thick coconut milk or coconut cream
☛ 1/2 teaspoon cardamom powder
☛ 18-20 saffron strands
☛ 1 cup mango puree, or 2 large mangoes, chopped
For Serving: (optional)
☛ Chopped mangoes
☛ Pomegranate arils
Make Mango Sago:
1. In a blender, add mango puree (or mango chunks), coconut milk, sugar, cardamom powder, and saffron.
2. Blend until smooth. Refrigerate for 1 hour.
3. Meanwhile, in a pot, bring 1 liter of water to boil. Then add the sago pearls and stir well.
4. Cook until sago pearls are about 90% cooked.
5. After that, cover the pan and turn off the heat. Keep it covered for 15 minutes.
6. After 15 minutes, drain the cooked sago pearls and then rinse them with cold water to cool.
7. Add cooked sago pearls to coconut mango mixture and stir everything well until combined. At this stage, you can serve the dessert. But I like to chill it with sago pearls for at least 2 hours before serving, that way sago pearls expand and absorb the coconut mango mixture.
8. When you are ready to serve, stir the dessert and transfer the dessert into individual glasses or bowls.
9. Top each glass with mango chunks, pomegranate arils and strawberry.
10. Serve Mango Sago chilled as an after meal dessert or a brunch.
If you loved this easy recipe video, then please do give it a like and also share this video with your family and friends. Also, please subscribe to my channel. Feel free to ask if you have any queries regarding this recipe. I would love to help you.
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ My Social Media Links ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
|Date Published||2021-07-13 16:46:24|