ரோட்டு கடை சில்லி சிக்கன் / Street style chili chicken / சில்லி சிக்கன் / Chicken 65 / Chili chicken
• 500 gm chicken cleaned and cut into small cubes (boneless)
• 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
• 2 tbsp Kashmiri chilli powder (adjust to taste)
• 1 tsp garam masala powder
• 1 tsp cumin powder
• 1 tsp coriander powder
• 1 tsp black pepper powder
• 1 tbsp ginger garlic paste
• 4 tbsp lemon juice
• 1 Egg
• 4 tbsp corn flour or all purpose flour
• 5 spring curry leaves
• 1 drop red food colour (optional)
• Oil as required
1. Mix all the ingredients except oil with the chicken. mix well.
2. Refrigerate this mixture for about 2 hours to let the marinade work its magic on the chicken pieces. You can also leave it overnight in the refrigerator.
3. When you are ready to fry, heat the oil in a kadai.
4. Gently add the marinated chicken pieces one by one without overlapping and fry on a medium-low flame until golden brown, turning every once in a while. The outside should turn a dark golden brown otherwise the meat won’t be cooked through.
5. The chicken pieces will shrink a bit on frying as the moisture leaves the meat. The sizzling of the oil will also die down almost completely.
6. Do a quick taste test and remove from the oil. Drain on paper towels as you fry the next batch. Add the curry leaves when you are frying up the last batch and let it turn crisp.
7. Drain and add curry leaves to the fried pieces of chicken. Give everything a quick stir and serve hot with lemon wedges and raw sliced onions.
|Date Published||2021-04-10 03:05:58|