Carrot Halwa / Gajar Halwa
Carrot Halwa recipe ¦ Carrot Halwa ¦ Carrot Halwa recipe ¦ Carrot Sweet ¦ Halwa recipe
“Carrot Halwa” Ingredients and preparation steps given below for your convenience. Let me know if you liked the taste and I will be happy to hear any additional ingredients you added to make it more tasty in the comments section.
Ingredients: (to serve 2-4 people)
Grinded carrot – 1 cup
Sugar – 1 cups
Milk – 1 cup (you can also use evaporated milk)
Cashewnut pieces – 2 tablespoons
Cardamom powder – 1/2 teaspoon or 3 whole cardamoms
Ghee – 4 tablespoons
1. Add the grinded carrot and milk in a pan and cook in medium flame for 6-8 minutes until it thickens well, stirring occassionally.
2. When this is getting ready, crush the 3 cardamoms with 2 tablespoons of sugar (from the 1 cup of sugar we are using) in a mixer jar and then mix it with the remaining sugar.
3. Now add the sugar to the thickened carrot mixture and stir well.
4. When the sugar melts, it will loosen again. Cook until it thickens again for about 2-3 minutes.
5. Heat the ghee in another pan and when it is hot, add the cashewnut and fry for a minute, until it is golden colour.
6. Now pour this ghee mixture to the thickened carrot halwa and mix well.
7. Stir for another 2 minutes, until all the ghee is absorbed and serve.
#carrothalwa #carrotsweet #halwarecipe
|Date Published||2013-04-16 08:40:13Z|